2.11.2011

Happy Half-Birthday to Me!

Like any child at heart, I LOVE birthdays - mine and those of my friends'. It only seems natural that I would also celebrate my half-birthday, marking the six-month countdown to my next celebration.

This tradition for me bore from school days. A summer birthday is difficult to celebrate with classmates so my mom suggested honoring the half-birthday as an opportunity to contribute special treats to my school peers. I have fond memories of proudly toting two-dozen glazed doughnuts, sometimes even still warm, to the kids at St. Mary's Elementary. Thanks to those tasty doughnuts however, nothing else since can compare. Sadly that bakery no longer exists near my hometown.

In honor of my half-birthday today, I baked up some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars. Unfortunately I struggled to make them last night due to a late evening trip to WalMart Supercenter to complete the ingredient list and neglected to take a picture. Today they disappeared quickly from the office even though once I sliced them, they didn't look as pretty as the original post.

I personally have eaten so much of these treats that I currently feel ill. Not because they are not delicious but because my body is rejecting all the sweet I'm afraid. The binge began last night - testing the layers as I prepared beginning with the awesome graham cracker, butter and chocolate chip crust. Emphasis on the BUTTER. Because I skipped my workout, I was able to spend more time eating.

Tonight's plans include a trip to Peoria's trendy 309 restaurant with a friend, celebrating her actual birthday, and her husband. My friend Jennifer and I met at work but after our foursome enjoyed a few evenings out, our husband's hit it off and have had a few occasions of outings sans the wives to brew beer!
Source

Chad and I dined here last summer with the Crammivian gang but it has been too long. I thoroughly enjoyed our first visit but I am not much of a food critic. I like EVERYTHING.

Post-work but pre-dinner we are headed to buy me some new running shoes. I have been wearing a variation these beauties since just before the marathon:

They are in dire need of replacement with well over 400 miles on them. My knees hurt just thinking about tomorrow's scheduled 10-miler. We are headed to Running Central to pick up a new pair. Peoria area runners are fortunate to have a great running store in town.

A fun weekend ahead! Hopefully I can remember to take some of those grainy photos I'm so good with.

No comments:

Post a Comment