2.09.2011

Way Too Many Cookies Wednesday

Today was a great day. My friend from work celebrated her birthday so that meant treats and a lunch outing. At our workplace, the birthday person brings treats for the rest of the office and chooses the lunch destination. Her pick, Flat Top Grill, a create your own stir-fry restaurant.

For the treat portion, today's birthday girl brought in a long-standing Peoria favorite, Trefzger's Bakery. Her contributions were thumbprints and a traditional chocolate chip cookie. Due to my proximity to the treat area I could not resist to the tune of one each of the aforementioned varieties. I blame the birthday girl! (Another cookie was consumed later that she could not be blamed for. Chad had one remaining Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie that I discovered stashed in his office as we were heading out for the day. I ate it in no time flat - yikes!)

All that cookie eating is likely the reason I had no trouble getting myself to the gym for Body Pump and a 30 minute EZ run. I'm finishing out my last week of my winter maintenance training program before starting my half-marathon training for real. Race is April 30.

Following my trip to the gym, Chad was at home already getting started on dinner by chopping the butternut squash into cubes. Butternut squash is working its way up my favorite veggie list. We enjoyed black bean and butternut squash wraps. So delicious!


The finished product doesn't look all that appetizing but some chipotle peppers in adobe sauce added some spice with the slightly sweet taste of the squash - it was perfecto! One of our favorites. Chad does not even complain about the lack of meat in a dish like this.

Time for some relaxing and trashy TV watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment